How to Convert Leads with Your Self Storage Website and Increase Revenue in 2021
The average user stays on a website less than 15 seconds. If your self storage website hasn’t captured the attention of that user in 15 seconds, it’s probably not going to. What does that mean to you in terms of having a self storage website that can convert leads and increase revenue?
It means that, if you want more lead conversions and increased revenue, your self storage website has to be up to date, fast, and user-friendly. It means that your self storage website has to cover certain areas of information and give your prospects a seamless experience. The right information, the right website design, and the right functionality will convert leads into tenants.
Convert More Storage Leads
Having a self storage website that converts leads to paying tenants is critical. A website has to offer more than just pretty pictures and catchy headlines. Potential tenants want information that will help them to make an informed decision, and owners/operators want to convert leads into paying tenants.
- Display Current Rates – If I’m shopping online for a product or service that doesn’t show price, I abandon the site almost immediately. Remember, the user’s attention has to be captured in 15 seconds or less. If you want to convert leads, use an easy to navigate rate page that displays specials, discounts and a sense of urgency by showing limited availability.
- Make Mobile Responsiveness a Priority – The growth of mobile devices is astonishing. Marketpath states that “currently, more than 58% of American adults own a smartphone and almost 60% of all website traffic is from mobile devices. Customers approach self storage in the same way that they approach any other online shopping experience – by frequently relying on mobile devices to help them make a fast and informed buying decision. Online rental, autopay, and online billing are a few of the other functions that customers enjoy using on their mobile devices. If your self storage website doesn’t provide a simple, seamless mobile experience, you’re sending your customers to a competitor.
- Offer Online Rentals – As the need for convenience becomes a priority for consumers, it makes sense that over 75% of them are shopping online at least once a month. Using an online self storage rental platform can capitalize on this statistic because is provides the ease of renting a unit 24/7 from a desktop computer, mobile device, or tablet. They can check unit sizes and prices, and complete paperwork online from their home or while sitting in the stands at one of their child’s games. With no waiting, no rushing, and no surprises, an online rental option will take a customer off the market and put them into a self storage unit.
- Provide a Simple Size Guide – To make a your self storage website a useful resource for converting leads, it’s helps to give prospects a visual reference on what size and type of storage they need in relation to the sizes you offer. Representations showing full units of different sizes will help prospects to visualize their overflow, tidy and organized in a storage unit. This will go a long way in converting leads and increasing revenue.
- A Contact Page is a Must – Your self storage website should provide your customers with a means to easily contact your company with questions or concerns. A well-thought-out contact page with a phone number, email address, and physical address gives your company credibility and your prospects the security of knowing that they can easily reach you by their preferred method.
- Add FAQs and Storage Resources – The more resources available to customers, the more confidence you build for your brand. FAQs, tips on vehicle storage, and options for different types of self storage will position you as an industry authority.
- Don’t Forget a Call-to-Action – A call-to-action not only demands the attention of prospects, but can help guide them to complete a desired action. A call-to-action not only drives sales, but increases conversion rates. If potential self storage customers don’t have a clear direction, they’re more likely to abandon your site without converting.
Browse your website from the viewpoint of a prospective tenant. Does it capture your attention in 15 seconds or less, provide a seamless experience, and inform your decision-making process? If not, it’s time to consult a marketing agency that knows how to make your self storage website not only look beautiful, but convert leads and drive revenue.